DESCRIPTION OF PANCRETAN STADIUM - HERAKLION- CRETE
Pancretan Stadium was inaugurated on 31 March 2004, when it hosted an international friendly match between the National Teams of Greece and Switzerland.
The total cost for completion exceeded € 50.000.000.
The stadium is located in Heraklion, on the west side of town, 50m south of the sea. It has a capacity of 25,882 seatsand it is one of the most modern in the country.
During the Olympic Games 2004 Pacretan Stadium hosted: five preliminary men and women football games, a quarter final men football game and a semi-final women football game.
Pancretan Stadium consists of two football fields with grass, racetrack of 8 lanes and auxiliary racetrack of 6 lanes, indoor gyms, indoor swimming pool, and multiple-used areas under the terrace, consisting a powerful athletic centre able to host games of national and international level and in the main time centre of attraction for cultural and entertainment activities.
The Pancretan Stadium athletic complex includes:
- Main football field of 68m x 105m and a 400-metres racetrack of 8 lanes
- Auxiliary football field, as well as a 400-metres racetrack of 6 lanes
- Training areas for: table tennis, judo, weightlifting, boxing, wrestling, air rifle-shooting (from 2010), indoor swimming pool, track and field.
- Auxiliary spaces (dressing rooms, sauna, physiotherapy, administration offices, meeting rooms, surgery, first aid room and doping control areas.
- Gymnasiums for use by athletes and public